Friday, August 1, 2008

she's leaving home. bye, bye.

after a month-long stay in ohio, i'm leaving today! it has been wonderful to spend so much time with my family and old friends. i'm amazed that this emotionally challenging visit leaves me feeling rejuvenated as well! thank you family for welcoming me so warmly and sending me off so well!

i also wanted to thank all the readers of this blog for sharing your enthusiasm and giving me such interesting feedback! i really enjoy talking about science, astronomy, life, the universe, and everything, and it's fantastic when people respond to what i'm throwing out into the vast blogiverse!

my adventures continue with a weekend trip to baltimore, a long stop in charlotte, and then a finale stopover in austin, before heading east...

here are a couple energetic versions of my favorite cat stevens songs to enjoy as i continue my journey.


as a side note: when i play/sing "the wind" (the first song), i change the line "where i'll end up only god really knows," to "where i'll end up, only time really knows." it suits me better.

3 comments:

Steve Jeffery said...

Safe journey, and remember, as Buckaroo Banzai once said, "no matter where you go, there you are".

(Depending on who you ask, he was quoting either Confucius or the Buddha. The saying seems to have quite a history.)

Electro said...

Dr.bauer,

Safe travel.

Enjoy the centre of the Empire and try to keep us posted.

Shaun

heroineworshipper said...

Quicksand Jesus drives another one out.